at the East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership Secretariat
The East Asian-Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) provides a flyway-wide framework for international cooperation, including development of the Flyway Site Network for sites of international importance to migratory waterbirds, collaborative activities to increase knowledge and raise awareness of migratory waterbirds along the flyway, building capacity for the sustainable management and conservation of migratory waterbird habitat along the flyway. It was adopted in the list of the World Summit on Sustainable Development (WSSD) as a Type II initiative, and served by the Secretariat established in 2009, in Incheon, Republic of Korea.
Internship programme for EAAFP Secretariat
The Secretariat of the EAAFP provides an internship programme (6 months). Interns will support the EAAFP Secretariat’s works and activities, especially in administrative and information technology fields such as website development. The Internship is to foster future conservation leaders who want to develop their careers in wildlife and habitat conservation fields, especially in East Asian – Australasian region.
Purpose of the Programme
- To provide university students or graduates with practical experience and education in international organisation including government agencies and UN institutions that complements their field of study and helps prepare them for their working lives;
- To promote among the participants a better understanding of the functioning of Multilateral Environmental Agreements and to give an insight into the work of the international organisation working with government agencies, intergovernmental organisations, NGOs and private companies;
- To improve communication and outreach within the host country of the Secretariat, by offering opportunities to young people who may later act as ambassadors for conservation;
Areas of Work
The interns would be assigned to, and supervised by, one of the professional staff in the programme, communication, science, fundraising, administrative and information fields to assist in the accomplishment of specific tasks.
Conditions of EAAFP internship programme
The EAAFP Internship is a full time programme working from Monday to Friday. The working hours are eight hours a day from 9:30am to 6:30pm, with one hour lunch break.
Interns should be university students or graduates enrolled in a field that is related to biology, environmental and political science, administration/business, international studies, information technology and communication/media/journalism.
As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full ability to work in English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Mongolian or Malay) are a plus.
It is vital that the interns have standard computer skills (Microsoft Office). Working knowledge of development and management of website (e.g. WordPress, HTML, PHP, CSS and CMS) and social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Weibo and blog), and that of graphic design (e.g. Adobe-Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Acrobat) is an advantage. Experience with GIS and statistical analyses are also an asset.
Applicants will be informed for an interview if they are considered qualified.
- External Relations Assistant (Deadline: 23 August 2021)
- Communications Assistant (Deadline: 23 August 2021)
Previous Interns Report of:
Administration / Finance Assistant
- Administration / Finance Assistant_Suyeon Kang
- Administration / Finance Assistant_Sulki Hwang
- Administration / Finance Assistant_Sangwoo Han
- Administration / Finance Assistant_Hyowon Kim
- Programme Assistant_Jiyae Lim
- Programme Assistant_Da Jung Jung
- Programme Assistant_Michael Elliot
- Programme Assistant_Sungkyung Kang
- Programme Assistant_Jisoo Kim
- Programme Assistant_Brenda Lim
- Programme Assistant_Seoyun Kang
External Relation Assistants:
- External Relations Assistant_Elaine Wong
- External Relations Assistant_Sojung Kang
- External Relations Assistant_Heasoo Kim
- External Relations Assistant_Hea Su Lee
- External Relations Assistant_Hayoung Son
- Communication Assistant_Haejin Park
- Programme/Communication Assistant_Alexandra Myakonkova
- Communication Assistant_Saemi Jung
Internship Programme at the East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership Secretariat:
Special Benefits for Interns:
|Special Leave for Summer/Winter Vacation (Optional)
The interns get one day of monthly leave (Paid) starting from the commencing month and another total of four days off (Non-Paid) in the Summer or Winter season as a vacation
Previous Assistants at the East Asian–Australasian Flyway Partnership Secretariat:
|Previous Communication Assistant, Ms. Saemi Jung:||Previous Programme Assistant, Ms. Michelle Jung:|
How to apply:
Those who are interested in working for an international organisation in environment and nature conservation can send the set of documents to email@example.com with the EAAFP Job Application Form.
- Posting expires: Once the position is filled
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EAAFP Internship Application Form
- A personal statement on reason for applying and your career goal (up to one page)
- A Sponsorship Letter, if you have a sponsor to this programme
- A reference letter when requested
You can also make various contribution through the VOLUNTEER PROGRAMME.