The Partnership is a unique initiative that aims to advance the conservation of migratory waterbirds in the East Asian-Australasian Flyway while addressing the social and economic needs of communities dependent upon wetlands and waterbirds.
Paragraph 8 of the Partnership Document outlines the procedures and rules for membership:
- Governments may join this Partnership by endorsing the text and supporting the objectives and actions under this Partnership.
- International Non-Government Organisations, Inter-Governmental organisations and the international business sector may join this Partnership by endorsing the text and supporting the objectives and actions under this Partnership.
- This Partnership is open to new Partners.
- The Partners should encourage additional membership of the Partnership.
- Partners will be advised of application for membership out of session. If no issues are raised within one month, the applicant will be added to the list of Partners.
- The Partners should recognise the role of different levels of Governments in the implementation of the Partnership and encourage National and site level partnerships to support activities.
- Partners may withdraw membership at any time and are encouraged to provide advance notice.
- An up to date list of Partners will be maintained in Appendix 1. (List of Partners)
Benefits to joining include:
- Recognition through engagement in a highly regarded international initiative
- Access to a network of wetland and waterbird specialists
- Opportunities to engage with flyway site managers to share information and expertise
- Opportunities to access international and national funding
- Access to information and knowledge on migratory waterbird conservation
- Access to capacity development opportunities