For the Twelfth Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP 12),
The EAAFP Secretariat is planning to organize a side event and to have an exhibition booth.
Below is the general information and links on CBD COP12. You can also find information on EAAFP’s anticipated activities (in green).
- Theme: Biodiversity for Sustainable Development
– To raise international awareness about the essential role of biodiversity and its contribution to sustainable development.
– To put strong emphasis on biodiversity at the discussions of Post-2015 Development Agenda and setting of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Date: Monday, 29 September – Friday, 17 October 2014
– The Twelfth Meeting of the Conference of the Parties to the Convention on Biological Diversity (COP 12): 6 – 17 October 2014
– The seventh meeting of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Cartagena Protocol on Biosafety (COP-MOP 7): 29 September – 3 October 2014
Venue: The Alpensia Convention Center, Pyeongchang, Gangwon Province, Republic of Korea
– COP 12, COP-MOP 7, High-level Segment, side events, forums, workshops, exhibitions, and other parallel events that are related to implementation of the Convention
Meeting documents – Provisional agenda: here
The detailed Side Events schedule will be confirmed in September. Here is the link for more information on side events.
* EAAFP secretariat will arrange one side event. The theme and date will be announced later.
The exhibition titled as ‘Sustainable Fair for Biodiversity’ will be arranged at Exhibition Hall, Alpensia Resort, from 29 September to 17 October. For details about the Exhibition Registration, check the link here.
* EAAFP Secretariat intends to arrange an information booth from 29 September to 17 October.
Partners can join to present their outreach materials such as posters, brochures, audiovisual, etc. Depending on the amount of materials of each partner, we may consider to rotate the display for some of the days of the COP12. Proposals for the displays of the materials are to be submitted to the EAAFP Secretariat. Please include the following information when sending your proposal: (1) Name and short description of the material, and (2) Name and contact information of exhibitor.
Please note that exhibitors are responsible for all matters and costs relating to the shipping of their materials, including all customs arrangements and provisions for any return shipments.
Parallel Events other than side events and exhibition:
– RIO Convention http://www.cbdcop12.kr/eng/sub/program/program05_4.php
To book a room, you can either do it on the Accommodation page of the host country web site; or by using the reservation form attached to the CBD information note for participants- Quick Links (Annex F or Annex G). If you opt to do it online through the link above, you need to register with basic personal information.
* The EAAFP Secretariat has not decided its accommodation (We will inform soon).
Other Useful links:
– Link for the CBD COP12 information website: http://www.cbdcop12.kr/eng/index.php
For more relevant information on EAAFP activities at COP 12, please contact:
Ms. Hyeseon Do, EAAFP Secretariat
Tel: +82 (0)32 458 6503 E-mail: email@example.com
Anticipated additional activities of EAAFP (not confirmed):
– EAAFP Pre-bird watching tour excursions – Date/place: unconfirmed
– EAAFP Potential Partners meeting – Date/place: unconfirmed