- Position title: Programme Assistant
- Type of contract: Fixed-term (6 months)
- Work percentage: 100% (full time)
- Languages: Fluent in English and Korean
- Expected starting date: September 2018 (Negotiable)
- Reporting to: Programme Officer, Chief Executive Officer
- Supervisor: Programme Officer
- A small amount of monthly allowance may be given.
This assignment will include the following responsibilities:
Site Information Analysis and Management Support: Preparing data sheets (Site Information Sheet for Flyway Network Site) and related documentation to support the new nomination procedure of Flyway Network Sites and their updates; Updating FSN database for new nominations and their updates; searching conservation issues of FNS – threats in particular; maintaining FSN and relevant web contents with updates;
Documentation Support: Preparing and providing EAAFP meeting/events documents including agenda, program and supporting documents; Keep all meeting/event documents organised in the archive folder; keep all documents online updated;
Recruitment Support: Checking the EAAFP Secretariat official email account regularly for new applications; updating and advertising intern vacancies; assisting recruitment process of new intern/volunteer; preparing administrative documents for internal review, interview and final selection; responding to inquiries from applicants/candidates; providing a brief introduction of Internship Programme to selected candidates and new interns;
Meeting & Translation Support: Assisting in preparation of meeting agenda and program, and logistic; providing translation and simultaneous interpreting; providing translations of English and Korean for meetings, events and newsletter;
Resource Mobilization Support: Support the fundraising manager in developing funding proposals, resource mobilization strategies, and tools. Support the manager in identifying potential donors and organizing necessary events.
Team Support – Other duties
- Administrative Support: Dealing with routine administrative work, such as preparing correspondence, sending faxes, making photocopies and assisting with bulk mailings, when Administrative Assistant is absent
- Team Support – Research support and website management support: Managing website, blog and social media; maintaining and purchasing software programmes, when Communication Assistant is absent
* Intern’s duties can be reviewed and changed after probationary period of one month, if needed.
Educational Requirements, Minimum Qualifications & Credentials:
- Enrolled university students or graduates majoring in environment, natural resource management, geographic information systems and/or related fields.
- As the Secretariat’s working language is English, full competency of using English (both written and spoken) is required. Additional EAAF languages (e.g. Korean, Chinese, Russian, Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mongolian, Bahasa Malaysia, etc.) skills are a plus.
- Well-developed computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Those who are interested in working for an international organisation in environment and nature conservation area can submit the set of documents listed below through email to email@example.com by Saturday June 30, 2018.
- EAAFP Internship Application Form
- A personal statement: Describe your motivations, reason for applying and career goal (up to one page).
- A sponsorship letter, if you have a sponsor to this programme
- A reference letter when requested.