3rd Training Workshop of Youth Think Tank Competition for EAA Flyway
Project Management skills are essential to the effectiveness and increase the impact of the conservation effort. To better equip young people, especially future conservation leaders, the East Asian – Australasian Flyway Partnership (EAAFP) organized a series of training workshops, with the 3rd workshop focusing on project management. The two-day workshop will cover principles of the logical framework of project plan and fund-raising, as well as project evaluation and impact measurement. The trainer will lead on exercises and the use of tools.
Date: 6th – 7th August, 2022 (Saturday and Sunday)
|In-depth Workshop – Day 1 “Logical Framework on project plan and Fund-raising”
|In-depth Workshop – Day 2 “Project Evaluation and Impact Measurement”
Registration link: https://forms.gle/AJbpda5XL4389Ps29
Registration Deadline: 1st August 2022
Target Audience: Young conservationists, green groups for youth, local and international NGOs staffs, university students
Eligibility for In-depth workshop:
- Aged 18-29 (under 30 on the date of application)
- Applicants with a nationality from EAA Flyway countries will be given priority to join
- Applicants to the EAAFP Youth Think Tank Competition will be given priority to join
- We are using Zoom for the webinars and workshop.
- Please download the Zoom App (https://zoom.us/download) prior to the workshop.
- Successful applicants to the In-depth workshop will receive a separate email for the Zoom link and workshop rundown.
- It is a series of four workshops, only those who attend at least two In-depth workshops of the Youth Think Tank Competition Programme will receive a certificate of participation.
|Ms. Maaike Manten
Trained as a political scientist in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Maaike started working for BirdLife International in the year 2000. Since then she has worked for BirdLife in the UK, Kenya, Fiji and Rwanda, first as the institutional fundraiser for Africa and the Pacific, and later as the Regional Implementation Team (RIT) leader for the Critical Ecosystem Partnership Fund (CEPF)’s investment programmes in the Eastern Afromontane and the Mediterranean Basin biodiversity hotspots. Maaike has been working with CLP since 2009, providing project design, proposal writing and fundraising training to young conservationists in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East. She is also the co-author of the ‘Institutional Fundraising for Conservation projects’ manual that is available in 5 languages here. She is currently based in Kigali, Rwanda, and working as a freelance fundraiser and trainer.
Click [here] to learn more about Maaike.
Topics of Upcoming Workshops:
More information about the Youth Think Tank Competition for the EAA: https://www.eaaflyway.net/thinktankcompetition/
- 4th Workshop: Conservation Communication and Story Telling (early September 2022)
- Playback of the previous workshops, click [here]. ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVu-SI5onbMvPfamqQ5i84OpFx2CI6QaC)