The 2017 Knots Drawing Competition celebrates the life of Knots to raise awareness of Red Knots and Great Knots. The theme is “The Future of the Knots,” to inspire viewers about Knots and their life, their future with people, and call for conservation of the Knots.
There were 94 entries in the competition and 15 artworks were chosen for awards. The artworks will be included in the EAAFP 2018 Year of the Knot calendar.
Flyway Prize (Age, Area)
- OUR FUTURE by Lu Sihan (8, China)
- Gray Land by Pan Guan Ting (10, Taiwan)
- The Red Knot, Human, and Nature by Jeongsu Yuk (18, Republic of Korea)
Great Knot Prize (Age, Area)
- Benefit from the fighting between knot and clam by Lin Yu Jue (7, Taiwan)
- Lovely Family of Knots by Katanyou Wuttichaitanakorn (11, Thailand)
- Shrinking habitat of shorebirds by Minyoung Baek (17, Republic of Korea)
Red Knot Prize (Age, Area)
- Creatures we want to take care by Aiko Miwa (7, Japan)
- Please, wipe away the tears of Great Knot by Doyeong Kim (10, Republic of Korea)
- Birth of Hope by Jungun Park (13, Republic of Korea)
Miranda Prize (Age, Area)
- I wanna see you forever by Seun Park (7 Republic of Korea)
- The Future of the Knot by Luo Kaizhen (9, China)
- Flapping of Hope by Hyoun Park (15, Republic of Korea)
CEPA Prize (Age, Area)
- Great Knot that travels by Shion Kinjo (8, Japan)
- The Knot and living environment by Zhu Yangyang (10, China)
- Protect Red Knot and Great Knot! by Dohyun Kim (12, Republic of Korea)
The campaign was sponsored by Kowa Optical Products Co.,Ltd., Patagonia Korea, Pukorokoro Miranda Shorebird Centre, David and Lynne Lawrie. We would like to express our sincere appreciation for the participants, sponsors, selection committee, and those who supported this competition.