As part of the Implementation Strategy the initiating EAAF Partners agreed on the following goal and five objectives for the Partnership:
Migratory waterbirds and their habitats in the East Asian – Australasian Flyway are recognised and conserved for the benefit of people and biodiversity.
- Develop the Flyway Network of sites of international importance for the conservation of migratory waterbirds, building on the achievements of the APMWCS networks.
- Enhance communication, education and public awareness of the values of migratory waterbirds and their habitats.
- Enhance flyway research and monitoring activities, build knowledge and promote exchange of information on waterbirds and their habitats.
- Build the habitat and waterbird management capacity of natural resource managers, decision makers and local stakeholders.
- Develop, especially for priority species and habitats, flyway wide approaches to enhance the conservation status of migratory waterbirds.
Partnership New Implementation Strategy 2012 – 2016 document
These files are in pdf format. Download the Adobe Acrobat reader.
Flags indicate document language